(That would be “Happy New Year to you” in Gaelic. Why Gaelic, you ask? Why NOT Gaelic?!)
I know it’s been dead around here of late. I would apologize but, hey, you get what you pay for, right?
Anyway, it’s that time of year when people are making resolutions for what they will do over the next 52 weeks (which, inevitably, becomes a list of what they actually accomplish for two-to-six weeks). In that spirit, here are BHR’s five New Year’s resolutions for 2011:
1. Post more consistently. (Assuming the blog continues to exist, this should be easy enough to meet.)
2. Keep readers abreast of all pending legislative proposals.
3. Find new and better ways to expose waste, corruption, stupidity, ignorance, greed, hubris, and inattentiveness in government.
4. Work on that whole “brevity” thing from time to time.
5. Help craft the progressive narrative in Arkansas for 2012 and beyond.
Happy New Year. Now, let’s get to work.