[For an explanation of the title, see here.]
Here’s the stuff we didn’t get to today (or yesterday, as the case may be):
- Blue Arkansas says supporting the DREAM Act and painting Timmy! Griffin as a carpetbagger are winning issues for Joyce Elliott in AR-02. Sixty days out from the general, Elliott had better hope so.
- Jason Tolbert reports that, likely unbeknownst to viewers in AR-04, Beth Anne Rankin appeared on Mike Huckabee’s infomercial for infidelity daily news show to discuss women candidates.
- Max notes that Bill Clinton will campaign on behalf of Joyce Elliott with a lunch at Copper Grill on September 8. As I have no doubt that you are reading this, Mr. President, I recommend the Bleu Cheese Burger.
- Talk Business gives a nice, neat rundown of Jim Keet’s presser from lasterday afternoon. The GOP candidate called for the race to be settled with pistols at dawn. Or he might have just called for some debates. I sorta tuned him out, to be honest.
- Rumor has it that every time Dave Elswick talks about something he has minimal grasp of, God adopts a homeless kitten and then abandons it. Poor kittens.
- TEASER: Arkansas Election Line has movement in two of the four congressional races. It’s like “Who shot J.R.,” but with 100% less shooting. And 100% less J.R., now that I think about it. OK, it’s nothing like “Who shot J.R.”
- Nationally: While Rachel Maddow thinks Joe Miller will be an easier candidate to defeat in November, Nate Silver disagrees and uses numbers and science and whatnot to explain why; Glenn Beck makes stuff up? NO WAY!!!; Also from that last link, I continue to hope that Ed Schultz challenges Beck to a celebrity boxing match; Atrios drops the coolest Thomas Friedman clip ever (not that there is a super long list of candidates).
- OFF-TOPIC: Top 10 Political Comedies Ever? It includes The Distinguished Gentleman, so it could be legit; 7 days until NFL kicks off, 10 days until Ol’ Fivehead — nee Peyton Manning — comes to Reliant, and 12 days until my first TMQ-style column for SBHouston (here’s an obligatory Rams mention for Jeff); Attention all Hogs: prepare to be called vociferously; Finally, happy fourth anniversary to my wife and best friend.