Kent Tester Is Not Who He Claims To Be (Unless He’s Claiming to be a Racist)

Here’s a (somewhat) rhetorical question for your Presidents’ Day pondering: what is in the water in the 20th Judicial District?

I ask because, fresh from the district that brought us Mike Maggio’s adventures in bribery and improper judicial commentary comes Kent Tester, candidate for District Judge. And…

well, there’s really no comfortable segue into something like this, so I’m just going to put it right here (note–the text messages in gray are from Mr. Tester):

image2

Mr. Tester’s “hair lipped Niger1 [sic] whore” is a reference to Van Buren County Clerk Pam Bradford, who defeated Angie Hutchins to win that seat. You may recall Ms. Bradford from her embarrassing attempts to be the next Kim Davis. (Ms. Hutchins, the Democrat in that race, either works or worked for Mr. Tester, which one suspects is the reason behind this kind of insane overreaction to a county clerk’s race.)

If her being a Republican from Van Buren County didn’t make it clear, it is worth noting Ms. Bradford is white. This fact, obviously, does not help Mr. Tester or excuse his comment; if anything, it only serves to make the comment that much stranger, since it shows that Mr. Tester considers that racial epithet to have universal application if he is angry enough.

So…riddle me this: seeing how willy-nilly Mr. Tester is when throwing around racist comments, how in the world could he presume to sit as a judge? I can only imagine the number of lawyers who practice regularly in district court over there who will have a recusal argument ready to go in every case where the client is a minority, and every argument will reference the text above. That’s going to be a nightmare for the administration of justice in that district at the very least.

If that were the only knock against Mr. Tester as a judicial candidate, I would still have written this post, because it truly is evidence of poor judgment to put comments like that in print and assume that they will never come back to bite you. Except, as you might suspect, that’s not the only red flag flying over the Tester campaign.

You see, Mr. Tester’s mailers and Facebook page repeatedly tout that he’s a “lifelong conservative.” Case in point:

Screenshot 2016-02-15 09.20.29

Hell, he didn’t just say he was a lifelong conservative; he literally put “CONSERVATIVE” in bold font and underlined it! He must mean it and have the history to back it up! He certainly doesn’t sound like the type who would have voted in 10 of the last 13 Democratic primaries!

Oh…

Tester Voter History

Look…I could see someone, even a “lifelong conservative” having one or two primaries where he voted in the other party’s race. Hell, I’ve done it a couple times, simply because there was no race on the Democratic side that was in question and I wanted to vote for the lesser of evils in a specific Republican race. But there’s a big difference between an occasional cross-party primary ballot in specific circumstances and just generally voting in the Democratic primary nearly every single time.

Stated differently, how many times do you think Stanley Rapert or David Meeks–both professed lifelong conservatives in that same district–have voted in Democratic primaries since 1998? I’m willing to bet it is less than three times total.

Point being, Mr. Tester’s claim that he’s a “lifelong conservative” seems like less of a statement of fact or political belief and more like a lie designed to fool the people of the 20th Judicial District into voting for him, despite his actual political leanings.

It seems strange, I’m sure, for this blog to call out a Democrat who is trying to sneakily run as a Republican, but it’s really not. At the end of the day, this blog endeavors to promote transparency and accountability, regardless of party affiliation.

More importantly, my political leanings are such that I will always point out when it appears that a judicial candidate–at any level–is a liar and a racist.

I would hope that anyone else would do the same thing, given the opportunity.

1. Damn you, autocorrect!

Spread the love

38 comments for “Kent Tester Is Not Who He Claims To Be (Unless He’s Claiming to be a Racist)

1. Richard Crawford
    February 15, 2016 at 10:05 am

Who you calling a Niger?

2. Chris Meech Keene
    February 15, 2016 at 10:59 am

He seems nice.

3. Jeannie Smith
    February 15, 2016 at 11:05 am

Unbelievable. I am 48, not a young person, not a millennial, and honestly no one I know speaks this way, it’s like something I might have heard someone older than me say in my childhood. And he’s texting this?!

4. arkreader
    February 15, 2016 at 12:06 pm

BlueHogReport Excellent article! I agree transparency of candidates & their factual records is far more important than party.

5. Emily Reed
    February 15, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Love the footnote. Classic.

6. RogerBowman3
    February 15, 2016 at 12:50 pm

BlueHogReport isn’t the blue from Tester and the gray from someone else? That’s how my iPhone works

7. RogerBowman3
    February 15, 2016 at 12:56 pm

BlueHogReport to clarify: the phone number is Kent Testers. That means he wrote the blue text and not the text in gray, right?

8. BlueHogReport
    February 15, 2016 at 1:01 pm

.RogerBowman3 Number is his, but screenshot not from his phone. Number showing up where name would normally, I guess. Gray is him.

9. Elaine Emmerich
    February 15, 2016 at 1:42 pm

He admitted he sent the text and claims it’s a “sarcastic quote.” You know, the racist kind you send without quotation marks and a friendly “wink-wink” or “lol.” I feel sorry for any blacks, people with hairlips or easy women that end up in his court if he wins. May as well kill yourself if you’re all three, cause Tester will probably resurrect the firing squad for you (since he loves touting that 100 year old picture of him in the Navy). Guess you should’ve been more CONSERVATIVE when “texting someone sober,” Kent.

10. Denise McEntire
    February 15, 2016 at 2:11 pm

So sorry that this twisted text even was brought up. As a voter it certainly looks like mud slinging dirty politics to me. Anyone that knows you (Kent Tester) knows that this is untrue and supports you because you are far from being a racist and would be a honest, fair, and professional judge. And it’s also interesting that the rest of the text is not shown.

11. Lamar Latrell
    February 15, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Kent, is that you?

12. Lamar Latrell
    February 15, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Smdh

13. Kim Cox Zimmerman
    February 15, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Democrat or Republican, drunk or sober, if you have no better sense than to text something like that, you don’t have the sense to be a judge. It’s disgusting.
    His comment about not texting someone sober makes me wonder what ELSE he’s tested when he’s not sober?

14. Denise McEntire
    February 15, 2016 at 4:37 pm

No it’s not Kent BUT if you READ the posts you will notice they were edited.

15. Kim Cox Zimmerman
    February 16, 2016 at 2:33 am

He admitted that he did it.

16. Denise McEntire
    February 16, 2016 at 7:41 am

And there is a lot more to it. Don’t judge a book by its cover. And look at the source whom saved a text from over a year ago to only use it to set this person up. Don’t you find it interesting that this text surfaced NOW.

17. Blue Hog Report
    February 16, 2016 at 7:46 am

Denise McEntire He dropped out of the race. Hopefully, you drop out of this quixotic effort to defend him.

18. Denise McEntire
    February 16, 2016 at 7:48 am

As you Blue Hog Report I to have the right of freedom of speech. And good to know that you to approve of and participate in name calling.

19. Bradley Caviness
    February 16, 2016 at 11:31 am

It’s like a trifecta of bigot bingo: racist, sexist, and ablest all at once. Plus, jealousy.

20. Kim Cox Zimmerman
    February 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm

The “name calling” was done my Mr. Tester (when he was not sober) – which he admitted (when he was, we think). I think you’re mad at the wrong person here Denise. Tester is the one that let you down.

21. davidmcclanahan47
    February 16, 2016 at 12:27 pm

You are all full of garbage. Oh and by the way whites have been slaves beaten and killed by black masters. Why is it a hate crime when a white man kills a black man but not when its the other way around. Quit acting as if you deserve more when you were never a slave and no white man has owned a slave in 100 years. The racism wont stop until everyone stops on both sides. You have choices in any political race on one side a liar and a thief and on the other a thief and liar. Most politicians have agendas that benefit themselves or their friends

22. DonnaWilmington Price
    February 16, 2016 at 2:33 pm

He withdrew.

23. Denise McEntire
    February 16, 2016 at 3:59 pm

No Kent DID NOT LET ME DOWN. before YOU JUDGE KNOW (NOT THINK) THE ENTIRE CONTEXT.

24. Blue Hog Report
    February 16, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Denise McEntire Funny thing about freedom of speech–it literally has no application in this context. I would explain why, but I’m sure that would be like explaining physics to a turtle.

25. Blue Hog Report
    February 16, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Denise McEntire Also, please show me where I called you a name.

26. Denise McEntire
    February 16, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Do you people not have ANYTHING else to do??????

27. Kim Cox Zimmerman
    February 16, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Your tenacity is admirable, Denise. I think Mr. Tester owes you a drink. But make him call a cab.

28. Denise McEntire
    February 16, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Really do you find your comments humorous or necessary.

29. Kim Cox Zimmerman
    February 17, 2016 at 1:07 am

I find it pathetic and disappointing when politicians blame other people for mistakes they alone have made. And it’s downright tedious when, given all evidence to the contrary (including an admission by said wrong-doer) , people keep insisting that an issue being reported is what caused the problem in the first place. He acted like a jerk, let people down, and I get that you’re mad about it, having placed your faith in him. I get it. But Matt didn’t cause this, Mr. Tester did. You are certainly free to express your views (within the parameters set by the FB page), & you can rant about it until the cows come home, but I’m just suggesting that you might be more assuaged by directing that disappointment and anger at the person *actually* responsible. And I wish you well.

30. Denise McEntire
    February 17, 2016 at 7:29 am

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Looks like your “ranting” now.

31. uh1h92nd
    February 17, 2016 at 10:50 am

Conservative?
    Aren’t they the ones responsible for giving us the President that gave us a collapsed economy and two, quagmire wars one of which Colin Powell said was based on lies and a record amount of suicides of my fellow Combat Sisters and Brothers?
     Thought so.
     Also…nice blog Blue Hog….keep on truckin’.

32. uh1h92nd
    February 17, 2016 at 10:51 am

Did YOU find the two failed wars and no regulations on Wall Street humorous or necessary ?

33. Sharon JohnsonMiller
    February 18, 2016 at 6:29 pm

Not whom but who. The simple rule of using who or whom is to replace the who or whom with he or him. In instances where he would be used, then who is your choice. In instances where him would be used then whom is your choice. This helps to determine when one
    would use either, who or whom. It helps to know when. ijs.

34. Moma D. Griffin
    February 22, 2016 at 11:49 am

i would like to see tex from both phones,not just from weavers.

35. DonnaWilmington Price
    February 23, 2016 at 11:40 am

No matter what the other text says Kent admitted that he used bad judgment in sending the text. The bible says that man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from his mouth. The fact that he felt comfortable in using it in a text leads me to believe that this is not the first time he had made this statement. To me the statement is not only racist but it is sexist and degrades people with disabilities.

Regardless of what the other text says Kent sent his text. Apparently texting while driving is not the only thing that is dangerous/fatal and should be avoided at all cost. Texting while drinking alcohol should have the same precautions in that it can be dangerous/fatal especially if you are running for public office.

If you run for a public office and you start muddying the waters you live in a glass house you shouldn’t throw stones.

36. February 13, 2018 at 11:03 am

I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome website!

Comments are closed.